Game Help:TS4 System Requirements
- This article is written for The Sims 4. For the equivalent Sims 3 article, click here.
Note: This recommendations below are based only on the official system requirements and may change upon release.
Desktop Graphics Card Compatibility and Recommendations
This chart is for desktop graphics ONLY and does not take into account the rest of your computer. If you have an awesome graphics card but crappy everything else, your performance will suck. If you have a newer computer with a strong CPU and lots of RAM, but install a crappy graphics card, you will still likely have performance problems. The chart below assumes the graphics settings not set in 'Laptop' mode.
TS4 relies very heavily on the CPU and having a multi-core processor makes a huge difference in performance, but that does not mean just any graphics card out there will work. What it DOES mean, is that if you have a really strong dual or quad core CPU, you may be able to get better performance out of the cards highlighted in yellow. If you have an older single or dual core CPU (Pentium 4 or Pentium D), even the green cards may not give perfect performance. If set in Laptop Mode, some of the cards highlighted in red may get playable framerates.
Please note: It is not recommended that you attempt to play TS4 on an integrated video chipset. If you have a computer with integrated video, it is recommended you view this guide. If you have a laptop or a computer with low-end graphics card, it is recommended that you play this game in Laptop mode.
|Yes||Known to give good game play, little or no lagging is expected|
|Maybe||Performance is uncertain/unknown, or may still be mostly playable with expected lagging/reduced performance|
|No||Not recommended/known problems/poor performance|
|Nvidia Dedicated Video Cards||Graphics Card Model|
|GeForce 6000 Series||6200||6600||6600||6800|
|GeForce 7000 Series||7300||7600||7800||7900|
|GeForce 8000 Series||8400||8500||8600||8800 GT||8800 GTX|
|GeForce 9000 Series||9400||9500||9600 GSO||9600 GT||9800 GTX|
|GeForce 200 Series||210||GT 220||GTS 250||GTX 260||GTX 275||GTX 285||GTX 295|
|GeForce 400 Series||GT 430||GT 440||GTS 450||GTX 460||GTX 470||GTX 480||GTX 490|
|GeForce 500 Series||GT 520||GT 530||GTX 550 Ti||GTX 560||GTX 570||GTX 580||GTX 590|
|GeForce 600 Series||GT 610||GT 620||GT 630||GT 640||GTX 650||GTX 650 Ti||GTX 660||GTX 670||GTX 680||GTX 690|
|GeForce 700 Series||GT 730||GT 740||GTX 750||GTX 750 Ti||GTX 760||GTX 770||GTX 780||Titan||Titan Black||Titan Z|
|AMD Dedicated Video Cards||Graphics Card Model|
|Radeon x100 Series||x300||x600||x700||x800||x850|
|Radeon x1000 Series||x1300||x1550||x1600||x1650||x1800||x1900||x1950|
|Radeon HD 2000 Series||HD 2400||HD 2600||HD 2900|
|Radeon HD 3000 Series||HD 3450||HD 3650||HD 3850||HD 3870X2|
|Radeon HD 4000 Series||HD 4350||HD 4550||HD 4650||HD 4670||HD 4770||HD 4850||HD 4870||HD 4890||HD 4870X2|
|Radeon HD 5000 Series||HD 5450||HD 5550||HD 5570||HD 5670||HD 5750||HD 5770||HD 5850||HD 5890||HD 5900|
|Radeon HD 6000 Series||HD 6450||HD 6570||HD 6670||HD 67xx||HD 68xx||HD 69xx|
|Radeon HD 7000 Series||HD 7350||HD 7570||HD 77xx||HD 78xx||HD 79xx||HD 7990|
|Radeon HD 8000 Series||HD 8350||HD 8400||HD 8570||HD 8670||HD 8760||HD 8870||HD 89xx|
|Radeon R Series||R7 240||R7 250||R7 260||R9 270X||R9 280X||R9 290X||R9 295X2|
|Integrated Graphics Processors / APUs||IGP Model|
|Intel||GMA 950||GMA x3100||GMA x4500||GMA HD||HD 3000||HD 4000||HD 5000||Iris Pro|
|AMD||E1 Series||E2 Series||A4||A6||A8||A10|
The Sims 4 System Requirements
A note on these requirements: The requirements listed below are taken directly from the official TS4 Site. These are the absolute bare minimums you need to get the game up and running. These are NOT the minimum requirements for a playable game experience! If you have just the bare minimum and a low-end graphics card, you will NOT be able to play the game! It will run... but it will not look good, run well, or run consistently without crashing.
In order to find the specs on your system, see: Game Help:System Specs. If you are looking to upgrade your system, please see Help: Computer & Software Help for lots of advice, recommendations, and a place you can ask questions on specific hardware.
(Recommendations are in green)
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) (Core i3-3XXX or AMD FX or higher is recommended)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM (4 GB is recommended)
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. A newer, better one (higher MIDDLE numbers = better. For example a Nvidia GTX 660 would be faster than the newer GT 740. Newer does not necessarily equal better. Generally speaking, expect the previous series mid-range cards to perform similar to the current series low-end, and so forth.)
- Supported Video Cards: See chart above
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse