Tutorials:Basic Object Creation
To return to the main tutorials portal click here
|Tutorials by Category|
Body Shop: Recolouring | Meshing | Modding | Sims Objects: Object Creation | Recolouring Building: Building | Landscaping | Walls & Floors | Other: Careers & Majors | Hacks and Game Mods
Want to start making your own objects? This is where to begin!
What you will need
- A 3D modeling program - some tutorials require this
- A Graphics Editor
Try these if you're new to object meshing. They will walk you through each step of creation
- Object Creation for Absolute Beginners
- Sims 2 Start to Finish Object Creation Tutorial by JWoods .
- Sims 2 Object Creation with Wings3D
- Creation of simple object using Maya 7
Meshing and Mapping Tutorials
These tutorials focus on actually building or UV mapping meshes in various different applications, rather than how to get those meshes into your game.
- Creating Curved and Detailed Meshes Using Wings 3D
- Object Making with Blender
- Object and texture creation with uv mapping explained!
- Making objects with cut-outs in Wings3D
- UV Mapping and Adding Textures In Wings 3D
- Tutorial on UV mapping and texture baking for 3DS Max
- Meshing Simple Organic Shapes (I.E. Fabrics)
- How to UV Map a Sphere
Specific Object Tutorials
There are a few 'special case' objects in the game, objects which have a few extra or different steps compared to the normal objects.
Tips and Tricks
These contain useful tidbits or suggestions on how to make specific changes and improvements to your objects
- Tiptorial:Low Poly Modelling - How and Why
- How to find your POLY COUNT and what is reasonable
- Creating an accurate Shadow for your Object - Tutorial
- How to create correct shadows for custom objects
- A Guide for quick creation of Colour-Enabled Objects
- How to find an object's GMDC and extract the mesh using Object Workshop
- Object Transparency Tutorial