Game Help Talk:TS3 System Requirements
NVIDIA Geforce 240
I don't agree with the Maybes shown in the table. I own this graphics card and the game runs pretty smoothly on it. --Fway 05:07, 29 August 2012 (EDT)
- What's the context? What CPU and how much RAM do you have?
- Well the Maybe is because GPUs of this calibre are almost usually combined with similarly weak CPU and less RAM than MTS' recommendation - for the Generic and "Entry Level" PCs or All-in-Ones, if you get a pre-Build OEM machine. If you have a self-Build or a good combo of CPU+RAM+Geforce 240 and it works, that explains the Maybe, no? It also depends very much on screen size and resolution. If you have a card in Green, having a great CPU+RAM combo is not so essential. But for the weaker GPUs, a weak CPU+RAM combo results in the MAYBEs and NOs.
- So, how much RAM, what CPU, what size monitor and screen resolution do you play in? So we can keep this discussion in context, instead of posting claims that are going to confuse folks?
- ~ ellaCharm3d 23:57, 29 August 2012 (EDT)
- I see what you're getting at now. So it all depends on if you built the computer on your own or if you bought it all together with "entry-level" parts.
- For my custom build: I have a Sparkle Calibre Geforce 240GT graphics card, 4GB RAM, AMD Athalon 2.6GHTZ x4 620 Processor, 1600x900 with a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive (Seagate) --Fway 01:56, 30 August 2012 (EDT)
- Ah! See? That is not a bad Quad-core CPU to have, it meets EA's cutoff point of 2.6GHz for the Med CPU rules. And it has 4GB RAM. All boils down to - combo works well as the resolution is not 1900x1080p or higher or on multi-monitor setups. Context is important! :)
- ~ ellaCharm3d 02:56, 30 August 2012 (EDT)