This Page is currently simply a stub, if you have information to contribute on any of these classes, please create the page and add info about it to this page.
The SimIFace DLL contains a series of classes and interfaces that separates the functionality of ScriptCore.dll from the rest of the Scripting Core. All other managed assemblies depend on SimIFace, which in turn links to ScriptCore and the game engine. As such, it is best practice for custom script assemblies to use the functionality exposed by SimIFace, as opposed to attempting to construct objects or call procedures from ScriptCore directly.
It is unclear why EA chose this design for linking managed code to the game engine. Twallan speculated that it may have facilitated managed code reuse in future games utilizing the same engine, such as The Sims Medieval. However, The Sims Medieval utilizes a modified SimIFace.dll that differs from the original quite significantly and would not be interoperable with TS3 or vice versa.
Please ensure you give separate headings for classes, enums, interfaces and other object types
- Sims3 - Contains mainly Resource key related enums.
- Sims3.SimIFace - Contains 'core' gameplay classes, enums and such.
- Sims3.SimIFace.BuildBuy - Contains 'core' Build/buy classes, enums and such. (not to be confused with gameObjects)
- Sims3.SimIFace.CAS - Contains 'core' CAS classes, enums and such.
- Sims3.SimIFace.CustomContent - Contains 'core' CC classes, enums and such. This is pretty much about 'saved' sim and lots that you get from the exchange.
- Sims3.SimIFace.Enums -
- Sims3.SimIFace.RouteDestinations - Contains 'core' routing classes, enums and such.
- Sims3.SimIFace.SACS - Contains 'core' Animation classes, enums and such.
- Sims3.SimIFace.VideoRecording - Contains 'core' video and picture taking helper classes, enums and such.
- Sims3.SimIFace.Weather - Contains 'core' weather related classes, enums and such.
- Sims3Launcher - Contains all the launcher classes, enums and such.