Tutorials:Basic Object Creation
To return to the main tutorials portal click here
|Tutorials by Category|
Want to start making your own objects? This is where to begin!
What you will need
Try these if you're new to object meshing. They will walk you through each step of creation
- Object Creation for Absolute Beginners
- Sims 2 Start to Finish Object Creation Tutorial by JWoods .
- Sims 2 Object Creation with Wings3D
- Creation of simple object using Maya 7
Meshing and Mapping Tutorials
These tutorials focus on actually building or UV mapping meshes in various different applications, rather than how to get those meshes into your game.
- Creating Curved and Detailed Meshes Using Wings 3D
- Object Making with Blender
- Object and texture creation with uv mapping explained!
- Making objects with cut-outs in Wings3D
- UV Mapping and Adding Textures In Wings 3D
- Tutorial on UV mapping and texture baking for 3DS Max
- Meshing Simple Organic Shapes (I.E. Fabrics)
- How to UV Map a Sphere
Specific Object Tutorials
There are a few 'special case' objects in the game, objects which have a few extra or different steps compared to the normal objects.
Tips and Tricks
These contain useful tidbits or suggestions on how to make specific changes and improvements to your objects
- Tiptorial:Low Poly Modelling - How and Why
- How to find your POLY COUNT and what is reasonable
- Creating an accurate Shadow for your Object - Tutorial
- How to create correct shadows for custom objects
- A Guide for quick creation of Colour-Enabled Objects
- How to find an object's GMDC and extract the mesh using Object Workshop
- Object Transparency Tutorial