Tutorials:Body Shop Meshing Other Tutorials
These tutorials cover other aspects of meshing that are important to know and to help you come up with a great final product.
What you will need
- A 3D modeling program - we HIGHLY recommend Milkshape with the Unimesh plugins. Free programs are available but simply will not do what Milkshape will do for its low price.
- Prerequisite for ALL Body Shop Meshing Projects: You MUST be an experienced creator of Body Shop recolours - that is, changing textures and alphas for clothing, hair, accessories, skintones, etc... These tutorials will not tell how to use Body Shop or make textures for your meshes... and the skills you learn through becoming extremely adept at making recolours/retextures/reskins of Body Shop content are -crucial- to being successful at creating new Body Shop meshes.
You will also have gone through all the Tutorials:Body Shop Meshing Starter Tutorials.
- I'm new, where do I start??
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Meshes But Were Afraid to Ask
- General - Tig's Editing Suggestions
- Mesh - Adjusting the UV Map
- Mesh - The modified mesh does not show up in bodyshop!
- Mesh - has a gap at the neck
- Mesh - has seams/lines down the arms, legs and sides!
- Mesh - has weird transparency, holes, or strange display
- Mesh - is Laying Down in Bodyshop
- Milkshape - Adjusting UV Mapping On Your Modified Body Mesh
- Milkshape - Blue Lines all over my screen!
- Milkshape - Settings and Tips
- Milkshape UV Mapping Shoes/Extras Mini Tutorial
- Beginning Clothing/Body Meshing Tutorial - Using MeshTool/OBJ
- Unimesh 1 - New Mesh Basics - The tutorial to start with if you've never made a sim mesh before.
- Unimesh 2 - Editing and UV Mapping - Teaches a more advanced edit, and the basics of editing a UV map.
- Clothing Cloning Plugin for DatGen
- Easier Method to Gather Clothing/Hair files
- Making a NL (or later) Body mesh look good in old games
- How to link a genetic skintone to a specific not default nude mesh
- Making clothes or parts bumpy/reflective/shiny and editing the envcube!
- Simple High Heels Mini-Tutorial
- Using Poser to Modify Body Shapes
- Hair - Basics and Beyond Articles
- Hair - Categorizing custom hair into the color bins
- Hair - Strange Transparency or Holes
- Hair Meshing Tutorial
- Hair Meshing with MilkShape and UniMesh (Beginners)
- Wes Howe's 3D Meshing Tutorials Discussion of Terms and Concepts, What is a mesh, Textures and UV maps, Joints, Organic Modeling, etc.
To return to the main tutorials portal click here
|Tutorials by Category|