Adrasteia Default for Bella's Hair
Uploaded 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:25 PM · Updated 22nd Jan 2017 at 6:37 PM by Nysha
So here's one of my favourite CC hairs, HP's Adrasteia, as a replacement for fHairLong. I'm really glad I thought of doing this - there are loads of replacements for this hair out there, but they're all too smooth and slick, imo. The original hair is kind of wild and naturally untidy, and using Adrasteia means I can keep that effect!
The hair is replaced for teens through elders; the original hair isn't available for kids or toddlers anyway. All the colours are replaced, including the three unnatural colours in the custom bin.
Because EA are unfathomable, unnatural recolours of non-CC hairs can't be found in either CAS or Bodyshop. The only place you can see them is if you tell your sim to change appearance in a mirror. The same is true of this default. The natural colours are found in the black/brown/red/blonde bins as usual.
I've gone for a punky purple to replace the purple and pink-streaked colour, ruby red to replace the bottle blonde (because to me, hair that's obviously dyed but isn't a weird colour is ruby red... couldn't have anything to do with my own hair colour, for sure); and a neon reddish orange to replace the yellow and pink streaked hair. (It's pretty bright, huh? That's intentional. I always use rich, deep colours in my game and I wanted to try out something a bit more berry. I might do a more subdued version of it eventually, if I decide I don't like the current colour. Or someone else is free to do that for me, if they like.)
And now for some trivia: Bella was originally intended to be bottle blonde. Although she's shipped with black hair, the resources for the bottle blonde colour are called “bella”. Signs that she was trying to disguise herself, maybe...?
The textures are from Neena's retextures, recoloured by me using Remi's naturals and some Pooklet unnaturals.
I made my own replacement packages for the unnatural colours because I couldn't find any existing ones; please feel free to use them as a base if you want to replace fHairLong with a different hair. Honestly, there are about six identical property sets for every dang age, it's not worth the hassle of doing it yourself.
HystericalParoxysm for the lovely mesh; Neena Needles for the textures; and Remi and Pooklet for the colour actions.
DEFAULT - HairLong replaced with HP Adrasteia.7z
Size: 1.28 MB · Downloads: 2,567 · 22nd Jan 2017
|1.28 MB||2,567||22nd Jan 2017|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.