Base Game Half Walls FIXED!!!!
Uploaded 15th Jul 2017 at 9:39 PM · Updated 14th Dec 2018 at 6:28 PM by simsi45
When I first heard half walls were coming to TS3 I got very excited, only to find out they came completely broken. The saddest thing is that no attempt was ever made by the developers to fix them, so I resulted in never using them.
Anyhow, about a month ago I reached my breaking point and I decided to attempt to fix them myself for my personal game. Then I thought there might be more people like me out there, so I decided to share it in case anyone else is as bugged by this as I was.
Chances are most of you haven't even noticed yet, but trust me it can really make a difference.
So what does this mod do exactly?
It's simple. It is a default replacement mod, meaning that it replaces all the (base game) half walls that have been used and/or will be used, to their altered fixed versions automatically. Let me show you what exactly has been fixed:
- The main issue with the half walls was that the mesh was cut around the edges (I guess a mistake from the developers' part) so they looked cut in half.
This mod fixes that.
- Another issue was the fact that the corners looked broken (for the same reasons as above.) but it's also fixed.
- Lastly I have modified a couple of texture files to make the half walls look better. (changes such as the texture for the glass of the deco wave wall, multiplier and specular textures etc.)
In order for the half walls' thumbnails to get regenerated it is required that you delete all your cache files and your ObjectThumbnails.package found under:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails accordingly. Don't worry these files will get regenrated as soon as the game launches.
The mod has been built and tested on game version 1.67/1.69. It should work fine from version 1.17 and up, however I haven't tested it myself. Any confirmation would be kindly appreciated.
Aaand that's pretty much it. A quite simple but also very necessary mod (at least to me )
Have fun and happy building!!
Credits go to s3oc, s3pe, Photoshop and EA for the meshes.
This download has specific instructions!
Choose either the "Half walls fixed - all" file OR choose and combine any of the remaining stand-alone files. Do NOT combine the "Half walls fixed - all" file with the other remaining six.
Half wall asian fix.rar
Size: 11.5 KB · Downloads: 1,600 · 15th Jul 2017
|11.5 KB||1,600||15th Jul 2017|
Half wall modern deco fix.rar
| Contains the fix for the half wall numbered #5
Size: 61.2 KB · Downloads: 1,353 · 15th Jul 2017
|61.2 KB||1,353||15th Jul 2017|
Half wall modern fix.rar
| Contains the fix for the half wall numbered #4
Size: 5.8 KB · Downloads: 1,347 · 15th Jul 2017
|5.8 KB||1,347||15th Jul 2017|
Half wall divebar fix.rar
| Contains the fix for the half wall numbered #3
Size: 6.9 KB · Downloads: 1,305 · 15th Jul 2017
|6.9 KB||1,305||15th Jul 2017|
Half wall quaint fix.rar
| Contains the fix for the half wall numbered #2
Size: 12.7 KB · Downloads: 1,314 · 15th Jul 2017
|12.7 KB||1,314||15th Jul 2017|
Half wall flat fix.rar
| Contains the fix for the half wall numbered #1
Size: 3.7 KB · Downloads: 1,411 · 15th Jul 2017
|3.7 KB||1,411||15th Jul 2017|
Half walls fixed - all.rar
| All of the fixed half walls combined in one single package.
Size: 97.8 KB · Downloads: 21,776 · 15th Jul 2017
|97.8 KB||21,776||15th Jul 2017|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Follow me on twitter and youtube, for updates on upcoming content!
- Do NOT redistribute as your own!
- Do NOT Re-upload my mods to your website/blog, without asking for permission first! (send a pm if you need to)
- If you intend to reupload make sure to post a DIRECT link to the appropriate MTS thread. No re-directs to third party websites, PPC networks etc.
- If you want to edit meshes, or create additional recolors of my conversions ASK FIRST! (either through PM's or comments)
- Of course you are free to use my mods in your lots, as long as you give PROPER credits. (a link to the original thread would be appreciated but not required.)
- Feel free to leave requests however don't expect me to complete them. I usually work on requests once I'm done with my personal projects.