Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated (23/08/21)
Uploaded 21st Jun 2021 at 12:41 PM · Updated 25th Aug 2021 at 12:35 PM by SonyaYU
- Per request - all active Sims will now have all their UC interactions cancalled out and be sent home once their workday is done, just as inactives have been doing. You can cancel 'Go Home' interaction if you wish them to stay on the career lot.
- Practicing writing on the computer now increases school performance. It has been a pushed interaction since the original mod but turns out it was omitted as a performance interaction. Now works.
- Added some gameplay tips/insights to the bottom of this document to help you make the most out of this mod and integrate it into your gameplay (will be updating it further)
- Teens will autonomously Learn Programming Basics with Arsil's Programming at school
Fixed an issue with Film/Music careers caused by some residual testing code that made the queue get messed up in these careers.
This problem is now fixed and it should not appear in any other career either. Please report any bugs you may discover (do tell me which careers or objects are causing issues if you find any).
- City Hall and Lot menus will now have my name on them Was suggested to do this in order to differentiate it from the original
- Mod is now tunable ingame via Battery C# Utility
You can still use the mod as a standalone, but the Utility will enable you to tune it to your liking. Just click on the ground (or shift+click if you are using Nraas selector to move mod menus like me) -> Battery -> AutoMod Menu and then select this mod and change values as you please. For now it will work on a per-save base but working on making it exportable
- Arsil's Stand Up Comedy Microphone is the first modded object that Sims can use autonomously (more to come!) so you can have NPC standup comedians entertain your sims in your town. Available in FIlm/Music and derived careers
- Optimised and cleaned the code up a little
- Added a file for Zerbu's Lot Events mod that is compatible with this one and won't crash your game! Should function the same otherwise.
I've been playing with the original Ultimate Careers on-and-off for years. As it usually goes with projects as large and ambitious as this, some issues start showing. And of course ideas of what more could be added in and integrated with them.
At first I just found it annoying that high school kids who watch their teacher give lectures at the podium would not get performance from this and (depending on the tuning), at least in my game, actually lost performance from doing so. This made me try to peek into the code to figure out how it works to figure out if it could be fixed. But then in conversation with other Simmers I was flooded with ideas, so finally decided to just contact Zerbu and ask him for the permission to reconstruct and update the mod, and he was happy to hear that there are still people passionate about his mod.
So then what does this version even do?
MAIN NEW FEATURES:
- Your high school students will actually gain performance from listening to lectures :P
- Ingame tunable via Battery C# Utility Auto-Menu, you don't need a tuning package
- Active Sims will get the "Ultimate Careers" interaction in their queue pushing them to work just as inactive sims do (this was disabled in the original mod but worked), you will still be able to direct them to use things they wouldn't be pushed to autonomously. They will also autonomously go home after hours now, like inactives
- High schooler will no longer spam trying to use the podium so that their teachers can be free to use them
- Culinary staff will cook autonomously
- Fortune Tellers will autonomously use the crystal ball, hypnotiser...
- Mod integration - the mod now allows you to gain career performance by using a wide range of mods (as well as some store content which EA somehow "forgot" to include in the game's main dll files, making Zerbu originally unable to use them). Some of the compatible mods:
Arsil's Programming Skill (for Business/Game Development, Science etc);
Comedy Microphone (Music/Film);
Kitabalibar's Yoga Mat (Spa Specialist);
icarus_allsorts' Jogging Marker (Athletic),
ani's Savvier Seller cash register (Business);
Tax Collector (Political);
Mountain Bike (Athletic);
cmomoney's Animation and Pose Players (Film);
buzzler's Scribbling Pad (Journalism);
and many more.
Some of the "missing" EA store content included: Canning Station (Culinary), Toymaking Machine (Business), Glassblowing Workbench (Business), Baker Station (Culinary), Stasis Chamber (Astronomy)
NONE of these mods are required and NO code from them has been used, aside from referencing their files while checking if they were installed. You are not required to install anything besides this mod, however, the more things you do have installed, the more options you will have available for you (huge thanks to Battery for providing code snippets making this possible, I could never do it on my own).
At the moment, Sims will not be using these mods autonomously, you will have to direct them to do so, but autonomy is being worked on.
- Many ingame objects and interactions have been included where they felt appropriate, with consideration of custom careers.
Example of some new ingame interactions included:
Various tomb exploration activities (Journalism, recommended for Archeology-type custom careers);
Horse Riding (Athletic);
Disarming traps (Military);
Training pets (Medical, recommended for Veterinary-type custom careers);
Critiquing Art (Art Appraiser, requires Avant Guarde trait);
Weather Machine (Science);
Stealing Candy from Baby (Criminal);
A more detailed documentation covering every single change coming really soon!
Setting the mod up is identical to the original, so you will need to click on a lot, choose "Zerbu" menu and link your desired career(s) to the lot. Then your sims will be pushed to come to this lot and work in open careers. For custom careers, you will need to click on the City Hall, choose "Zerbu" and link them to EA careers before linking them to a lot.
- Sims get skills from using various 'career' objects as they normally would, inclusing inactives, you can use this mod to make your inactive sims more skillful in appropriate activities and have a pretty high-skilled town
- When teenage sims listen to lectures given by a teacher (or another sim), they will gain the skill the teacher is lecturing about, which depends on the teacher's own skills. You can strategically control what skills your future generations will surely learn at school by training the first generation of teachers in what you like (it should work for hidden skills aswell if you have a mod that unhides them)
- Your music career sims can be assigned to venues which have instruments for Late Night bands, that way you can simulate having a band that regularly performs at a venue
- You can use this mod to have inactives and homeless sims perform activities which don't have a role sim but would've made sense to have the option (such as a cook for the Teppanyaki Grill or a snake charmer). You can also use it together with Arsil's Custom Generic Role mod to have more control over your generic roles (within limits of their career's work hours, though)
- You can manually assign an individual sim to his/her home as a workplace, so the sim can work from home in "rabbithole" careers (for example you can have a work-from-home Game Developer or run a Fortune Telling "business" from your house (combine it with other mods, such as MC or Simlogical Ticket Machine if you wish inactive "customers" to come to your home lot autonomously)
- Still on manual sims - you can get creative with this feature: assign a single cook to your school lot in order to have a school cook (you can use it together with Ani's oven), add a little office to your gym or consignment store and assign a Business sim or an Accountant (MissyHissy's custom career), have a Music sim man a DJ booth at a venue that isn't otherwise a music venue, have a comedian do comedy on a mic at a boardwalk etc
- If you use Ani's Business as Unusual Bistro oven, you can combine it with this mod to make it easier to set it up. The oven mod doesn't spawn a homeless sim but lets you choose one and it doesn't assign a special cook uniform. I found it easier to find out what sim is in the Culinary career, assign them to the lot AND the oven - you will have an easier time finding them, they will gain performance and cooking skill and wear their Culinary career outfit
- If you use Nraas Traveller (and "allow on any lot" option in this mod), you can go crazy with how you play certain careers actively - travel to WA worlds or custom worlds with tombs as an Archeologist (Missy's custom career, interpreted as "Journalism" based in this mod) and activate careers in Traveller settings (you may need to place the required rabbitholes/rugs in the world you want to do it in), travel to "alien planets" like Lunar Lakes as an Astronomer
- Use Nraas GoHere door filters if you wish to restrict access to certain areas of the lot to certain sims (such as having employees-only areas), you could even use these filters to restrict access to parts of a lot based on a sim's career level (so that an intern can't just waltz in and use the CEO's computer)
- If you feel like you can't do much within your work hours, you can try Nraas Relativity to make time pass slower so you have more time to slack off and socialise
- If you have a Homeworld University (another feature enabled by Nraas mods), you may find that your students sometimes watch lectures given by non-existent professors (they "listen" to an empty podium). Story Progression does have an option to assign professors, however, you can use this mod for a somewhat different approach to professors, which may be useful if SP doesn't assign them or especially if you want to play as a professor, have your sim take up Education or try out the custom University career (some options the students have on normal professors may not work on these "fake" ones though)
- With the way this mod has been updated, you can now have your active employed sims be played pretty much hands-off, if you have a big family or don't care about controlling that sim's career and wish they'd be as hands-off as they were with Rabbithole careers but still be able to see them and take control if you wish to. They will autonomously go to work, perform their duties and come back home when the time is up. Many performance-increasing interactions are not autonomous, however, so if you wish to use the mod to its full potential, you might want to control some sims like you would playing EA Active Careers/Professions
- Certain career genres use mirrors autonomously (Business, Journalist, Music/Film), which is great especially for mirror-based CC (like ATS3 Lectern or Marker for Actors etc), but if you wish to have purely decorative mirrors on a lot without workers talking to themselves, you can use icarus_allsorts Transmogrifier mod to change their script. I like changing them into curtains since they have no interactions
- Opportunities still aren't implemented (trying to figure that out still), but in my game I've thought of a way to force some of them to happen. For this you'll need testingcheatsenabled and Buzzler's Moar Interactions (maybe you can use MasterController instead). If you shift-click the rabbithole while testing cheats are enabled, you can spawn a career opportunity for your job. Most of them require you to return to work after you've completed them, though, meaning going to the rabbithole. This is where Buzzler's mod (or perhaps MasterController) come into play. You can choose 'work a 3h shift' on the rabbithole and then once your sim is in, the opportunity will be completed and you can leave immediately or stay. With MasterController you may be able to choose 'go to work' in intermediate>careers menu but I haven't tested this as much
- Zerbu for the original mod and giving me a permission to reuploading it!
- Battery, for enduring my ridiculous n00b questions, helping me with code and giving me snippets from his C# Utility. It isn't required since I'm using separate methods, but do check it out!
- MissPatTS3 for helping me with upcoming documentation
- MissyHissy for her amazing MissyHissy's Job Centre Discord server and allowing me to post early preview versions for other Simmers to test out the changes!
- Akubiz, nbp, MissPatTS3, teacups and desiree-UK for acting as early-alpha testers over at the Missy's Discord server
- zoe22 and echoweaver for answering some of my n00b coding questions
- MTS obviously!
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
| This is the main file
Size: 49.8 KB · Downloads: 3,284 · 23rd Aug 2021
|49.8 KB||3,284||23rd Aug 2021|
Zerbu - Lot Events 2.0.3 FOR NEW UC.package.7z
| Optional: Resolves compatibility with the new UC version
Size: 25.2 KB · Downloads: 1,830 · 25th Jun 2021
|25.2 KB||1,830||25th Jun 2021|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!