Extended family treated as family
This hack causes the following relationships to be recognized as family for the purposes of social interactions:
- Second cousins (people whose parents are first cousins)
- First cousins once removed (your first cousin's children, or your parents' first cousins)
- Great-grandparents and great-grandchildren
- Great-aunts/uncles (your grandparents' siblings) and grand-nieces/nephews (your siblings' grandchildren)
For these relations, there will be no romantic interactions available, but there will be family kiss/encourage interactions. Pescado's autosoc can still be used in "romanticate" mode with them, but it will be unable to queue actual romantic interactions. Interactions with extended family members do not satisfy "talk with a relative", "relative gets married" etc. wants, they are not taken into account when deciding if it is possible to have a family reunion (for performance reasons), and they will appear without the family icon and possibly with a chemistry icon in the relationships tab, but other than that they are treated as family.
If you want only great-grandparents/grandchildren and great-aunts/uncles and grand-nieces/nephews to be considered family, use extendedfamilypartial.zip instead. Don't install both files.
Hack Compatibility Note: This hack modifies four existing global BHAVs and adds five new global BHAVs, in the range from 0x701 to 0x705 (extendedfamilypartial only includes 0x703-0x705); any hack that also adds global BHAVs in this range will conflict with this one, potentially very badly depending on load order and what exactly the BHAVs in the other hack do. Check with HCDU, no conflicts with this hack are expected/ok. This hack is completely incompatible with the InTeenimator, as it adds global BHAVs in this range (and also in practically every other available range, as far as I can tell). This hack also modifies three relationship-checking BHAVs in group 0x7F739728, and two other BHAVs in that group that were causing "too many iterations" errors when calling the global BHAVs, which were changed to use the Relationship primitive instead, with no change to their functions.
Game Compatibility Note: In theory, this should be compatible with any game configuration. The main potential problem is "too many iterations" errors, which is what happens when the game decides that it has encountered an infinite loop after many BHAVs have been called. I have complicated the family checks, but not by much, and a lower tolerance for "too many iterations" may be offset by the fact that early versions of the game had many fewer wants and fears that necessitated iterative checks over every sim in the hood (for example, neither of the checks I had to change are even used in the base game).
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Treats all extended family as family
Size: 1.4 KB · Downloads: 39,406 · 21st Apr 2018
| Treats only great-grandparents, great-grandchildren, great-aunts/uncles and grand-nieces/nephews as family
Size: 1.1 KB · Downloads: 8,913 · 21st Apr 2018
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
kestrellyn also recommends you check the following:
Possibly also of interest: my inlaws fix, which prevents your sim's parents from inappropriately hitting on their child's new spouse.
Also of interest might be my found family hack, which allows you to treat anyone as family, no matter how or whether they are related.